- Who We Are
- What We Do-Who We Talk To And Why
- Why Be A Source - Benefits
- Source FAQ
- OTR Compliance Safeguards/Protocol
- Apply to be a Source
Who We Are
Founded in 1995, OTR Global (OTR®) is an investment research firm with offices in North America, Europe and Asia. OTR is a leading platform for primary research and one of the largest channel research firms servicing the institutional investment community. OTR was a leader in pioneering interview-based methodology; its research method is utilized by more than 130 research personnel located in more than 12 countries and there are more than 25 countries in which we interview sources. The unique approach unites quantitative measures and qualitative responses to uncover inflection points and produce predictive results. OTR has developed a comprehensive base of industry sources and a deep understanding of complex, global product supply chains and distribution channels.
What We Do - Who We Talk To & WhyOTR aggregates, compares and contrasts extensive marketplace data and prepares research reports by aggregating information from nontraditional sources, comparing it with expectations and looking for dislocations or inflection points that provide investment opportunities for our clients. Sources are interviewed via telephone, typically on a quarterly basis, which subsequently provides the basis for OTR reports. OTR Global has long-standing relationships with large customers, suppliers, distributors, buyers, competitors and industry experts. These key decision makers provide timely, accurate and unbiased information. OTR Global is always developing new sources and adding to its existing research panels, as well as forming new panels. The principal idea behind OTR's panel group is to establish a substantial pool of specialists in specific market areas to provide continuity of information. That information is freely exchanged with sources in their respective industries to help OTR’s contributors better achieve their own business objectives.
- Live interview-based research of industry trends for financial industry
- Methodology – aggregate information from multiple sources, look for relevant inflections and expectations to uncover changes
- Assess the state of the marketplace by looking at situation from many perspectives
- Sources: Knowledgeable, savvy, trendsetting and intellectually curious
- Industries covered and source types and countries
Benefits of Becoming a Source
OTR Global's investigative reporters interview leaders and experts within many industries to get a unique understanding of industry strength, trends and issues. OTR shares this strategic information with its sources confidentially and free of charge. Participating sources receive a copy of the report to which they contributed on a time-delayed basis. OTR reports and the dialogue conducted between sources and reporters help our sources stay abreast of conditions within their industries. The investment community benefits from the intelligence generated by the OTR reporter-source relationship as a marketplace counterpoint to traditional WallStreet analyses. Most industries are covered on a quarterly basis, with additional monitoring as necessary.
- Relationship based – Recognize the value of the source perspective and expertise
- OTR Global’s researchers seek out sources who really understand the industry, company, products or services of interest
- OTR Global’s researchers are truly interested in the topics they cover and recognize the value of the source perspective and expertise
- Researchers have deep knowledge from continuously tracking your industry, talking to industry sources, and attending conferences
- Researchers work to build strong, lasting relationships with sources providing reciprocal market information.
- Conversations are strictly confidential.
- Participants receive a copy of the finished report so they can learn what others in the industry are saying and be informed about broader industry trends.
- Copy of report - click to see - provides background information of what peers are saying and seeing
- Testimonials – [Update and find new ones to use/ Need to plug in source testimonials]
- What's in it for me?
Access to information that can be impossible to obtain elsewhere. In exchange for your time, we'll send you a copy of our report after it's published and on a time-delayed basis. For a typical study, we might talk with 25 to 40 of your peers, often in several different countries as appropriate. The result is a current read on the opportunities and challenges that others in your industry are facing. By staying in touch with your OTR reporter, you’ll also be part of a constant exchange of strategic information.
- How often will I be called for interviews?
We generally conduct our studies quarterly. We'd like to talk to you each quarter if possible; it helps us follow trends over time. However, we certainly understand that sometimes you may be too busy to talk to us. If that's the case, just let us know; our reporter will be happy to call you again the following quarter.
- How long will each interview take?
It depends on the project and on how much information you have to offer, but generally between 10 and 20 minutes. We'll make every effort to work around your schedule and talk when it is most convenient, including before work or after hours, just let us know.
- What kind of information do you divulge about your sources? How can I be sure my identity will be protected?
OTR is fanatical about protecting the confidentiality of its sources. We won't divulge your identity to others in your industry, to the financial investors who are our clients, or even to our company employees outside of the research arm.
- What types of questions will I be asked?
We'll generally ask you about both the state of the industry in general, and the companies we're most interested in. Is market demand up or down? Is one player gaining market share at the expense of others? Are certain products selling better than others? But our conversations with you are not all about numbers. We want to know why things are the way they are. What has caused them to change? We're including you on our panel because of your industry expertise, and we're interested in what you see as the important industry trends and in your assessment of how they might affect the companies we're researching.
- How long will I have to wait for a copy of a report?
Our reports generally take two to three weeks to research, and another week or so to edit and distribute. If you're one of the first people we interview, it might be a month before you see the results. If we talk to you late in the process, you could receive a copy as quickly as a week or two.
- Can I distribute the report?
OTR's research is a unique service we provide to our clients, and we ask for your help in not diluting its value. You may show a few colleagues our reports, especially those who may wish to participate as sources, but we ask that you not distribute them widely. OTR's policy is that our reports are OTR's copyrighted material and may not be reproduced, quoted or relied upon, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent. OTR does not make its research available to the press.
- What exactly is OTR Global LLC, and how do you make your money?
OTR Global LLC is a Registered Investment Adviser with the State of California. Its affiliated broker-dealer OTR Global Trading LLC ("OTRT"), is an SEC-registered broker dealer, and FINRA member registered in more than 25 states. Our clients are institutional investors (managers of mutual funds, pension and hedge funds) who obtain the research by direct payment to us generally pursuant to a subscription based agreement.
While our client base is the same as the large investment banks who provide traditional research reports, our product differs in many ways. Our reports do not make buy, sell, or hold recommendations — nor do we project target prices or earnings estimates as do traditional financial analysts. What makes us unique is the type of research we provide. We don't employ the traditional research model: talking to company management, surveying industry statistics and developing financials models. Instead, our researchers provide an unbiased "marketplace read" by gathering information from customers, suppliers, vendors and business partners — the people who really know a company's products or services. This investigative approach to the industries, companies and products we follow is what makes the reports valuable to our clients.
OTR Compliance Safeguards/Protocol
OTR Global maintains a strict compliance protocol for interaction among researchers, sources and clients to assure ethical interaction with sources and to only provide information to clients that is appropriate according to financial regulatory standards.
OTR researchers who interview our sources are required to do the following:
- At the outset, clearly identify themselves as employees of OTR Global
- Clearly communicate they are conducting research on behalf of institutional asset managers
- Inform the source of their duty in regard to material non-public information (MNPI) and any duties to their employer or other entity
- Offer a copy of the report to the source on a time-delayed basis
- The source should not communicate material, non-public information (MNPI) to OTR
- The source should not speak to OTR if to do so is contrary to the source’s other obligations including, but not limited to, their employer
- OTR does not pay sources for information or to participate in research reports
OTR's Compliance protocol requires:
- Clear identification of the company, purpose and intent of interviews is disclosed upfront
- All sources are, in some form, informed of obligation to not violate a duty of trust and to not reveal information that is in breach of Material Non-public Information (MNPI) Policy
- Aggregation of information; we are not an expert network and do not rely on one source
- Source identity remains confidential, there is no direct attribution of individual sources
- Reminder notices sent to sources annually
We talk to nontraditional sources such as customers, suppliers, competitors, vendors and industry experts. In other words, we interview people who really know a company's products or services.
The identity of each source is kept strictly confidential. For your participation, you will receive a copy of the finished report so you may appreciate what is happening in your industry and learn what your competitors are saying. To apply to be a source please click the linkand follow the instructions.